Family need munching at the time of relaxation or Tea time break. They really need home baked biscuit or cookies, which are safe, awful and tasteful may it not compete with factory or company made product.. But here we know all type of ingredient and making style. That is safe for our health all most.
Cumin or jeera is a common spicy for Indian households, jeera has its own medicinal property .. Because of this reason jeera included in Ayurveda..
In every session consuming jeera balance your body and weather changes. Jeera always use appetite growth.
Method to Bake Cumin Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
1. In a baking tray, take 1 tbsp of cumin seeds and roast them for 3-4 minutes at 350 F degrees or till you get a nice fragrance from them. Set aside.
2. In the steel bowl of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, cream together the butter and 1tbsp sugar. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
3. Add the flour, salt and 3/4 tbsp of cumin seeds to the butter and sugar and mix. Reserve the remaining cumin seeds to sprinkle on top of the cookies. Mix at low speed till the mixture looks smooth and comes together in form of a dough. You may add 1-2 tablespoons of milk here if the dough doesn’t come together.
4. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface or wooden floor and shape the dough like a flat disc.
5. Using a roller, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into different shapes using cookie cutter. I cut them into small round cookies.
6. Place the cookies in a baking tray and bake at 350 F degrees for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, take them out and reduce the temperature to 325 F and bake the cookies again for 5-6 minutes or till light they are golden brown from sides and also from the bottom.
8. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store the cookies in an airtight container.