- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ lemon juice
- salt as required
- For the red paste:
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tbsp garam masala powder
- For the rawa fry:
- 2 tbsp oil or as required for shallow frying the fish
- 3-4 Rohi slices large or medium sized
- ½ cup fine semolina
- 2 tbsp rice flour
How to make the recipe?
Marinate Rohi Fish
Coat the fish
- Marinate the fish slices gently with the marination ingredients. Place aside for 5 mins.
- Combine all the spice powder and ginger-garlic paste into a mixing bowl. Mix all nicely until they are blended well.
- Rub the red paste all over the fish. Allow to rest for 15 mins.
- Mix semolina and rice flour on a dish. Coat the fish from all sides with semolina and rice flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Once oil is hot shallow fry the fish from both sides until golden brown from both sides on medium heat.
- Serve rava fish fry with lemon wedges and green chutney or with your meals.
Notes1. If you love spice then add more red chili powder.
2. If kashmiri chili powder isn’t available then add red chili powder.
3. It’s important to fry fish in hot oil but fry on medium heat so that they fry evenly.