Indian mango lassi is made by blending yogurt, mangoes, sugar and some milk and is usually flavored with cardamom powder. Lassi is a perfect beverage to beat the summer heat, it is cooling and refreshing!
- 2 cups chilled dahi/yogurt
- 2 cups mango pulp, or fresh mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, optional
- 1/4 cup cane sugar/honey, adjust as per desired sweetness, depends on the sweetness of the mangoes
- Ice cubes, optional
- 1/4 cup milk, or as required to adjust the consistency
- Mint leaves and slivered almonds, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE INDIAN MANGO LASSI WITH PULP?
1.In a blender, add 2 cups chilled yogurt, 2 cups mango pulp, or fresh chopped mango pieces, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
1/4 cup cane sugar (depends on the sweetness of the mangoes), ice cubes (optional), 1/4 cup milk and blend until smooth and frothy. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if required, if it is too thick for you, add few more tablespoons of milk and blend once again.
2.Serve chilled in tall glasses, garnish with slivered almonds/pistachios, more cardamom if desired and mint leaves. Or you may refrigerate the mango lassi until ready to serve.